Tuesday, December 21, 2010

433


Now, this is a gem. While my father was in Europe during WWII, my Aunts, Rita & Adrienne, and my mother enrolled my cousins David, Steven, Bill and myself in tap-dancing class. Yep! Tap-dancing. This picture is after the recital that we were required to perform in the theater in east Pocatello. The major trauma for me related to this picture is that my mother and aunts insisted that we four have lipstick applied. Those of you who have been involved in stage performance understand the need for color-enhancing makeup. But, I was absolutely appalled that this would be necessary. I locked myself in the bathroom (age 4) and it took a long time for my mother to prevail. I finally relented, but after this recital my tap-dancing career came to an end. David is in the military cap, 5th from the right on the back row. I can't identify the rest of us with any confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment